The Aberdeen Roughnecks AFC are a modern-thinking American Football club that intend on continuing and expanding what the original Granite City Oilers team started.
The Roughnecks are an incorporated co-op, run by it's members for the benefit of the local community. To meet and exceed the expectations of the league, players, coaches and supporters, we rely on meticulous planning, hard work and the valued support of our sponsors. The project began in October 2011 with a small group of like-minded people intent on starting a football team in Aberdeen. In a matter of months a full committee was formed and considerable interest was shown by potential players. We are now in a strong position to continue our growth as a member of the BAFA National Leagues.
If you want to come along and give it a shot and train, we are open to all abilities. Training details can be found by messaging our Facebook pages. Send us a message before coming down to let us know and prepare to help you get started!
What We've Achieved
- Induction to the BAFA National Leagues in 2012
- Completed first full season in 2014.
- First win against the Glasgow Tigers 7-0 at the Rig, in game 9 of the 2014 season.
- Moved from playing in Green uniforms to Red and White following the 2015 season.
- First winning season, 6-4 in 2015, and a play-off berth
- Made the play-offs in four successive seasons. (2015 - 2018)
- Went an undefeated 8-0 in the NFC 2 North in 2018
- First Ever Play-Off win 61-0 against the Furness Phantoms 12/08/18
- Earned Promotion to Division 1 following a 16-14 win against the Birmingham Bulls in the NFC 2 Semifinals 19/08/18
- Crowned 2018 NFC 2 Champions following a 13-6 OT win against the Chester Romans 01/09/18